DR. MICHAEL A. EMERSON, PHD LCPC
Dr. Michael A. Emerson received his Baccalaureate in Psychology, his Masters of Science Degree in Family Counseling and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology.
He has over 30 years of experiences in a variety of mental health treatment facilities, encompassing inpatient and outpatient settings. Dr. Emerson provides consultation and mediation, as well as expertise in specific clinical issues and modalities.
Dr. Emerson holds licensure as a certified Mental Health Professional Person, EMDR Clinician, Board Certified Professional Counselor (IABMCP-Diplomat), as well as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Dr. Emerson also holds credentialing in Clinical Hypnosis, Parent Effectiveness Training and Facilitative Mediation. He has applied his skills as a Counselor, School Psyc
Montana City Counseling Center
Montana City Counseling "Offers A Fresh Approach for the Stresses of Today's Individual and Families."
Dr. Michael A. Emerson, PhD lcpc
Dr. Emerson specializes in Adult and Family issues, as well as Motivation and Personal Potential. Dr. Emerson assesses emotional, cognitive, and personal stresses, providing early identification, understanding and treatment of underlying issues and current problems. Early identification, understanding and treatment have often been identified as the missing link in effective service.
Once a problem has been defined and understood, the solution is sometimes obvious and easily achieved.
Unfortunately, the stresses of life often make it difficult to identify and define the problem within a variety of work, academic, interpersonal, and family settings.
Dr. Emerson is available to help clarify the problem, identify the issues and point out various paths to a solution. As a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and Certified Mental Health Professional, Dr. Emerson brings over 30 years of experience and expertise to the assessment and counseling field. Understanding the difficult roles of all concerned, Dr Emerson can help identify and bridge potential problem areas.
Certifications / Licensure
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (State lcpc)
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist
- EMDR Therapist - EMDR Part 1 and 2 (EMDRIA)
- Certified Professional Counselor
- Certified Relationship Specialist
- Diplomate, American Psychotherapy Association (DAPA)
- Diplomate in Professional Counseling
- Fellow American Psychotherapy Association
- Board Certified Professional Counselor (APA)
- Mental Health Professional Person (Full Certification)
Practitioner Affiliations / Memberships
- American Counseling Association
- Montana Counseling Association
- Montana Association of School Psychologists
- Board of Clinical Hypnotherapists
- Mental Health Professional Person
- American Mental Health Counseling Association
- Montana Mental Health Counseling Association
- American Psychotherapy Association
- International Academy of Behavioral Medicine, Counseling and Psychotherapy, Inc.
- Associate - National Association of Social Workers (NASW): Montana Chapter
Education / Training
- B.S. - Psychology
- M.S. - Marriage and Family Counseling
- Ph.D. - Clinical Psychology
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Parent Effectiveness Trainer
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Gottman Institute Training -Researched based Approach to Couple Therapy
- Crisis Responder for FEI Behavioral Health